The Filipino-American Association of Pittsburgh offers scholarship to eligible Filipino Americans. The scholarship was established and has been built throughout the years by the generous pledges and donations by the association’s membership, local businesses, and monies generated by holding special scholarship fundraising events.
- Must have minimum 3.0 GPA
- Complete Filipino-American (Fil-Am) Association Scholarship Application and other required supporting documents as noted on the application.
- If applicant is a student at one of the Pittsburg High Schools (PHS) and has submitted a scholarship application at their respective high schools, they do not have to submit the Filipino-American Association Scholarship Application. The PHS Scholarship Committee collaborates with the Filipino-American Association Scholarship Committee and provides them with scholarship applications that have been submitted at the schools.
- If Fil-Am members have their child attending high school outside of the Pittsburg Unified School District, the student must complete and submit the Fil-Am Association Scholarship application including all required documents.
- List of all achievements, awards, accolades, extra curricular activities in school, and other community involvement all throughout high school.
- Compose 1 Full Page Essay (single spaced 10 Point Arial Font): “Why is Higher Education Important To Me and How Will I Use My Education to Make A Difference in the Fil-Am Community? Include a paragraph to address this issue: “How Can I Encourage the Youth to Get Involved In the Fil-Am Community?”
- 1 letter of recommendation from a school counselor/teacher/administrator/employer or a reputable civic/church/business leader/mentor.
How to Apply
Visit the Filipino-American Association Scholarship site.