The Filipino Community, Inc (FCI) of Alaska offers scholarships to eligible students who are active and paid member of FCI. For applicants who are under the age of 18 years old, their parent or legal guardian must be an active member of FCI, Inc.
Students can qualify for various awards such as tuition, books and transportation allowance, savings incentive, vocational training incentives, and cultural dance incentives.
- Award Amount: Up to $2,000
- Number of Awards: At least 1
- Initial College – awarded to Juneau high school seniors who are entering college in the coming school year and shows academic excellence.
- Books and Transportation Allowance – awarded to full time college students who have at least 12 academic hours and shows academic excellence.
- Student Athlete – awarded to middle school and high school students who are currently enrolled in Juneau School District and actively participate in sports and athletics.
- Savings Incentive – awarded to middle school and high school students who are currently enrolled in Juneau School District and shows academic excellence.
- Vocational Training Incentive – awarded to any adult, 18 years or older, who actively participates in vocational training program.
- Cultural Dance Incentive – awarded to an individual below 18 years old who actively participates in cultural shows organized or sponsored by FCI, Inc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and an active and paid member of Filipino Community, Inc. (FCI, Inc.). Applicants below 18 years old must have a parent or legal guardian who is an active member of FCI, Inc.
- Participation in any one of the designated FCI activities
- Meet the minimum grade point average (GPA) set by the scholarship committee.
How to Apply:
Visit the Filipino Community, Inc (FCI) Scholarship site.