Up to $2,000 scholarship administered by Asia Pacific Fund awarded to eligible students who have at least 25% Filipino heritage and will be attending colleges and/or universities located in California.
- Number of awards: up to 4
- Amount: up to $2,000
- Renewable? Possible, for a total of 2 years
- Ethnic heritage: Filipino (at least 25%)
- Grade level: Incoming freshman at an accredited community college, technical college or four-year college/university
- College/university must be located in California
- Minimum GPA: 2.75
- Financial need
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Residency: San Francisco Bay Area, including Sacramento and Monterey counties (preference given to Daly City, San Bruno, Oakland, Union City, Richmond, Hercules and Pinole)
- Completed student application form
- Most recent transcript(s) of grades (including grading scale); unofficial transcripts are OK
- Resume (include work experience, school activities, community service, honors & awards).
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from a current teacher. Letters should be on official school or organization letter head and must include the student’s first and last name.
- 10 to 12 finalists will be chosen.
- Finalists must be available for a 30 – minute interview in late April in San Francisco (dates TBD).
- If chosen for interview, finalists must submit official transcript(s) of grades, SAT/ACT score reports and FAFSA student aid report.
How to Apply:
Deadline: Every February
School Year: Deadline
- 2014-2015: 2/20/2014