I got this info from an e-mail from one of my friends and this has been going around for quite some time. I’m not sure who the real author is so I don’t know who to give credit to.
David Letterman has a late night show on CBS station here in the United States and he is very popular for providing the “Top Ten Reasons…”
Even though it says “By David Letterman” on the title, I think most of us can say that this was not his own creation but more of a Filipino. It is so detailed and deep that pretty much this is considered as an “inside joke” for Filipinos for which non-Filipinos may not get.
Below is the Top 10 List Why There Won’t Be a Filipino US President
10. The White House is not big enough for in-laws and extended relatives.
9. There are not enough parking spaces at the White House!!
8. Dignitaries are generally intimidated by eating with their fingers at State dinners.
7. There are too many dining rooms in the White House – where will they put the Last Supper picture?
6. The White House walls is not big enough to hold a giant wooden spoon and fork set.
5. Secret Service staff won’t respond to “pssst…pssst”.
4. Secret Service staff are uncomfortable driving the Presidential car with a Holy Rosary hanging on the rear view mirror or having the statue of the Santo Nino on the dashboard.
3. No budget allocation to purchase karaoke machines for every White House room.
2. State dinners do not allow “Take Home.”
AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY THERE COULDN’T BE A FILIPINO-AMERICAN US PRESIDENT IS….
1. Air Force One does not allow overweight Balikbayan boxes!
I found this really funny since as a Filipino, I can really relate. However, there are some Pinoys out there that found this a little racist. So what do you think? Please voice your opinion in our comment section.